Volunteer with Us!
As a volunteer for Outdoor Adventure Lab, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and shape their future. Our program provides hands-on experiences that help children develop a deeper connection with nature, build team and leadership skills, explore STEM fields and concepts, and understand today’s environmental issues.
Not only will you be making a positive impact on the children, but you will also enjoy the following benefits:
Field Trip Volunteers: You’ll assist with school field trips on weekdays between 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM (timing may vary). You’ll lead, support, or co-lead activities.
Throughout the year, we hold weekend events. We’ll need help setting up, breaking down, and running activity stations.
Suppose you’re looking for something a little less active. We do have options for virtual work-from-home volunteers. We especially love individuals with marketing and social media experience, sales, web design, and administration.
- Arrive at the designated site 30 minutes before the students arrive so that you can know and understand the plan for the day.
- Bring lunch and a water bottle as we eat lunch with the students.
- Support the staff by being attentive and enthusiastic about all activities.
- Support the staff by managing group dynamics. Driving group dynamics may come in the form of taking students to the bathroom, quietly asking students to listen to the instructor, settling arguments, helping students understand the activity, and actively participating in the activities themselves.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to students.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and for a school setting (please refrain from wearing athletic apparel, i.e., leggings, sweat pants, running shorts).
- Limit the use of cell phones and other electronics in programming, as they can be distracting to students.
- If you can, remain after programming to assist staff in cleaning up and debriefing the program.
- Ability to take direction and partner with the staff to complete assignments
- Ability to respond calmly and positively to the needs and requests of others
- Participate as a team member and complete tasks independently, as appropriate
- Excellent oral communication skills
- For on-site volunteers — please note that there can be a lot of walking involved. If you have mobility concerns, please let us know so we can try to accommodate you.
If you have these additional skills let us know!
- These skills are not necessary, but we’d love to have help in the following areas; let us know if you have other skills you think might be valuable.
- Social Media Marketing Experience
- Marketing and Graphic Design Experience
- Web design experience
- Archery/BB Gun Instructor Certified or willing to be certified
- First-Aid and CPR Certifications
- Teacher/educator/curriculum design Experience
- Boating/Nature Experience
- Non-profit experience
So What Are You Waiting For?
Please fill out the interest form today and take the first step in becoming a volunteer for our outdoor education and recreation programs. Together, we can make a difference for the next generation and our planet.